Software Defined Radio 2-Day Software Defined Radio Training with HackRF One
- 08 November 2017 - 09 November 2017
- Hosted by
- Bently Reserve
- 301 Battery Street, San Francisco, CA, 94111
View on Google Maps
- Michael Ossmann
Students that complete the course will receive a HackRF One software defined radio platform.
An introduction to digital signal processing, software radio, and the powerful tools that enable the growing array of SDR projects within the hacker community, this course takes a unique “software radio for hackers” approach, building on the participants’ knowledge of computers and introducing them to the forefront of digital radio technology. Participants will learn how to transmit, receive, and analyze radio signals and will be prepared to use this knowledge in the research of wireless communication security.
- Introduction to Software Defined Radio
- Exercise: Finding a Signal
- Complex vs. Real Signals
- Exercise: Working with Complex Signals (part 1)
- Exercise: Working with Complex Signals (part 2)
- Aliasing and Sampling Theory
- Exercise: Transmission and Simulation
- Exercise: Digital Filters
- Exercise: Replay
- Exercise: Modulation Identification
- Reverse Engineering
- Exercise: Reverse Engineering
- Decoding Digital Signals
- Exercise: Decoding
What to bring
- Laptop computer with two USB ports available, capable of booting from a USB flash drive
- Software: A bootable USB flash drive will be provided. This drive contains all the software required for the class.
- Students are also encouraged to bring additional SDR hardware or target devices for show and tell.
Registration$2200 (until September 4th)
$2900 (after September 4th)
Cancellation requests by paid registrants must be made at least 45 days before the event and may be subject to an administration fee. In the event of course cancellation by the trainer, students may choose to attend an alternate course (space pending) or receive a full refund.
Pay by Credit Card or Bitcoin
Pay by Check/Wire or
Request a Group Discount
Group discounts are available for 3 or more registrations.
Can't make it? Training is also available at a location of your choice.